ELSNER recently added a Doosan DNM 6700 vertical milling machine. The new machine is fast and can handle parts 60% bigger than the Mori Seiki it replaced.
"We are constantly looking to update and improve," said ELSNER CEO Bert Elsner II. "Gaining a faster machine such as this Doosan will help us service our customers even better."
The Doosan DNM 6700 is better for Elsner than the machine it is replacing in several ways::
- The spindle runs twice the speed
- The rapid traverse rate is 50% faster
- The tool change is 7 times faster at 1.2 seconds.
- It has thru the spindle air and coolant.
- Capable of accepting a forth axis
- The machine is Renishaw probe ready
- Less chance for coolant contamination: uses a grease cartridge to lube the linear guides vs. way lube that contaminates the coolant.
- Can be conversational programmed or accept programs off our programming network.
Contact us for any custom machining needs. Our qualified assemblers, electricians, and machinists can make your next project a reality. Engineering is in our name. For over 78 years we’ve made converting machines our business, let us put our skills to work on your next machine.